Best option for Qt5 on RHEL6

Syam Krishnan syamcr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 01:48:45 UTC 2013

Hello

I'm planning to migrate to Qt5 on RHEL6. What is my best option of
installing it?

I tested with building Qt5 on CentOS6 and it works OK. But my usual
method on RHEL5 has been to download Fedora source RPMs from Koji and
build them on RHEL5. I would then create a custom RHEL DVD with these
packages so that Anaconda can install them for future installs.

Can I do the same with qt5* packages from Koji? Will I get the
*complete* parallel-installable Qt5 with that?

So far, I see the following packages (v5.1.1) on Koji:
qt5-qtbase
qt5-qtdeclarative
qt5-qtscript
qt5-qtsvg
qt5-qttools
qt5-qtwebkit

If Koji doesn't suit, my other option is to build Qt5 from the official
tar-ball and create a rather simple RPM from that so that I can include
it in a customized RHEL6 DVD for future installs.

So, please advice on my best option for Qt5/RHEL6..

By the way, I'm loving the KDE 4.10 packages for RHEL6 by Rex.. Thanks a
lot.. (any chance of 4.11 hitting EL6?, too greedy, heh ;-)

regards,

Syam