crashing new installation

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 08:12:58 UTC 2013

CPU: 1.13GHz Piii
gfx: G400 AGP
RAM: .5G
22 installed operating systems across 2 PATA HDs

Not simple crashing, but crash triggering reboot!!!

I did a minimal HTTP F20 install, upgraded to F21, then added enough of Xorg
and KDE to get it to start with startx. The first few starts I forgot to
block kscreen and nepomuk from starting. Each start when painting looked
complete, I tried to configure the digital clock by adding seconds and
applying, whereupon I was returned to the login prompt. Only since setting
'Option "Composite" "Disable"' in xorg.conf*, kscreen autoload off in kdedrc,
start nepomuk false Used Soprano Backend null and autostart false for
nepomukstrigiservice in nepomukserverrc, and index hidden folders and index
newly mounted false in nepomukstrigirc, has crashing been avoided in F21.
IIRC, none other of the installed distros have been crashing at all, though
they've all had bling disabled for quite some time.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/