kde session keyboard settings

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Dec 31 10:42:07 UTC 2013

Am 23.12.2013 18:05, schrieb Roderick Johnstone:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to establish an F20 x2go kde session with the correct
> keyboard type and mapping for my clients' keyboards (pc105/gb, and mac).
> What I get when I log in is always a us keyboard map for a pc105 keyboard.
>
> I've tried starting the x2go session with a simple xterm, and found that
> I can get the correct keyboard mapping as set by the x2go windows
> client. (I had to touch a file /usr/share/X11/xkb/keymap.dir to get this
> to work though.)
>
> Since the keyboard map is correct in the Xterm session but wrong in the
> kde session it looks like x2go is setting the keyboard/map ok but that
> kde is somehow overriding what is being set by x2go. (I've tried with
> Keyboard daemon both checked and unchecked in System Settings  ->
> Startup and Shutdown -> Service manager. I'm running with kscreen2
> unchecked as that causes other problems with resizing the session window).
>
> Does kde try to set the keyboard type and layout on login?
>
> If so, how can I stop it doing that and accept whatever was set before
> startkde was run?

Hi there

I have simmilar Problems. After logging in with x2go I always have us
keyboard. Different from my direct login I have the IBus keyboard icon
im ny system tray. this only shows us keyboard as available. After
adding german keyboard to this list my x2go client settings are used as
well. To add german keyboard I had to activate "customized active input
method" on the "input method" tab first. May be you have to add all your
needed keyboard layout to this list and after this your remote selection
is used.

I am not realy sure what this IBus thing is all about and why I have to
configure it with x2go but not with local login.

regards
Martin