Turning off touchpad in Fedora-21?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Dec 12 14:20:48 UTC 2014

Am 12.12.2014 um 15:12 schrieb bitlord:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:45:58 +0000
> Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
>
>> Kevin Kofler wrote:

>>> These disable the touchpad only under certain conditions, he wants
>>> to disable it altogether. It seems that this is really missing in
>>> the new kcm_touchpad. :-(
>>>
>> Quite, thank you.
>> The System Settings/Hardware/Input Devices/Touchpad page you show
>> says "Turn off touchpad while typing".
>> I want to use the pointer on my ThinkPad rather than the touchpad,
>> as I imagine do many people with pointing sticks on their keyboard.
>>

> Some laptops have special key combination to turn touchpad on/off.
> For example on my T400 it works with Fn+F8, and it shows notification
> that it is on/off. This can be a solution when available

well, in the good old days there where a hardware switch as well as for
wireless woking without the OS needs anything to know about

the same way as my HP workstations have a built-in speaker hidden with
the front panel and a headset connector automatically turning off the
internal speaker, the OS just sees a sound output and that's it

shiny new world with all the burden to the OS :-)