Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 17:02:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 11:32:40 -0500
Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Naming things is famously hard; I agree — we could to better here. Any
> suggestions?

What about the following:

  Showcases:

  Fedora Workstation showcase
  Fedora Server showcase
  Fedora Cloud showcase

  Flavors:

  Fedora Gnome flavor
  Fedora KDE flavor
  Fedora XFCE flavor

  Spins:

  Fedora Electronic-lab spin
  Fedora Games spin

A "flavor" would be a spin that is more seriously supported, with
dedicated people etc., as opposed to a "spin" which is not that much
serious, so to say. Some more defined criteria regarding which is which
could be established, or else this could be decided on a case-by-case
basis.

Btw, "flavors" and "spins" could be advertised a bit more prominently
on the website, because a casual reader might get the impression that
Workstation, Server and Cloud are all there is to Fedora.

Best, :-)
Marko