Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Dec 13 21:43:40 UTC 2014

Am 13.12.2014 um 22:29 schrieb Sudhir Khanger:
> On Saturday, December 13, 2014 10:20:09 PM Reindl Harald wrote:
>> frankly - do we create a distribution for usptream developers or users?
>
> You can keep calling it whatever you want to call it in your little circle.
> But all the official support material, announcements, docs, forums, Kubuntu,
> OpenSUSE support they will distinguish between KDE community and Plasma
> desktop

fine - in fact that is a bad decision of KDE upstream

then just call it "KDE Plasma" because eveybody will understand it when
the other option contains GNOME, upstream can change their names as
often as they like "KDE", "KDE SC", "Plasma" and what not all

i know what KDE is - why? because i was there with KDE 1.0 in the 1990's
and well *i know* what Plasma is *but only* because i am an IT guy
reading any IT news

for the ordinary user that whole naming and ren-namig crap is just
disturbing and non helpful at all - feels sometimes the open source
communit follows the commercial marketing circles for no good reason