Annoying Maximize Window setting

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Mon Jun 23 08:11:44 UTC 2014

On Friday 20 Jun 2014 16:41:53 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 15:47 +0100, Piotr Gbyliczek wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 Jun 2014 17:16:53 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > My problem with the "feature" itself is that I often want to align
> > > windows manually without the system suddenly deciding to maximize them.
> > > And getting the window back to the proper size is not just a matter of
> > > hitting the middle control button.
> >
> > Just an observation, I seems to be able to get back to original size of
> > the
> > window just by dragging it away from the screen border.  ( works for top
> > and sides, maximised/half screen sized window goes back to what it was
> > before. )
> How about keeping the original size but aligning the top edge to the
> screen border?

maximise/minimise button seems to do that for me after "maximising by dragging
to top edge. It even places the window where  it was just before the
maximisation.

Granted, if you not using edge maximise, better to switch off that to save the
click after drag, but for me this works fine as I'm using edge maximise a lot.

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Systems Administrator (LPIC 3, Novell CLA certified)