kde-4.13.x for f20, include optional nepomuk support or not?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:23:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 09:18 +0530, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> It is our pleasure to announce immediate availability of KDE

... the immediate availability ...

> Applications 4.13 for Fedora 20[1]. Due to extended release period of

... the extended release period ...

> Fedora 21, we would like our users to continue to experience the
> latest features and bug-fixes from upstream.
>
> This major release of KDE SC 4.13 introduces Baloo, an improved
> semantic search infrastructure, which deprecates Nepomuk[2]. Baloo

Baloo doesn't deprecate Nepomuk, it replaces it. The devels deprecate
it.

> brings significantly faster searching and indexing, more relevant
> search results, improved reliability, lower resource usage and less
> data storage.

Does "less data storage" mean it stores less data, or that the data is
stored more efficiently?

> The upgrade requires database migration that should be
> handled automatically for you by the upgrade which may require

... upgrade. This may require ...

> temporary increased processing power. Several of the KDE applications
> have already been ported to Baloo while downstream applications are
> expected make the switch.

... to make the switch ...

> The upstream ships a minimalistic KCM module

... minimalist [or minimal] ...

> for management of Baloo[3]. Although users with advanced needs are
> advised to look into baloo-kcmadv[4].

Either:

Baloo[3]. However, users with ...

or