http://apt.kde-redhat.org/ dead

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 26 12:38:04 UTC 2014

Am 26.06.2014 14:33, schrieb Rex Dieter:
> On 06/26/2014 03:29 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> http://apt.kde-redhat.org/ ships only empty pages
>> with status 200 OK which breaks YUM if kde-testing
>> or kde-unstable are enabled
>
> It loads fine for me.
>
> Be aware the host that apt.kde-redhat.org used to point to finally died last week (it's disk was slowly degrading
> over the past ~6 months).  DNS was updated quite awhile ago to point to kdeforge2.unl.edu instead:
> $ host apt.kde-redhat.org
> apt.kde-redhat.org is an alias for kdeforge2.unl.edu.
> kdeforge2.unl.edu has address 129.93.180.118

now it works fine again

whatever it was, DNS is unlikely since our nameservers
are doing direct recursion and limit TTL's since all
the ISP nameservers turned out to be untrustable

max-cache-ttl 43200;
max-ncache-ttl 600;

however, there where a response with HTTP statuscode 200
but no content and that started sometimes last night