pam-kwallet review/testing

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Tue May 6 23:52:21 UTC 2014

On Sun 4 May 2014 12:13:49 Colin J Thomson wrote:
> On Mon 28 April 2014 19:13:20 Rex Dieter wrote:
> > pam-kwallet brings to kde what gnome-keyring-pam is for gnome.  It offers
> > the ability to automatically open your kwallet using your login password.
> >
> > Builds are available in kde-testing repo, package review is at:
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1091479
>
> Has anyone tried this with SDDM as I can't seem to get it to work. I still
> have to enter my PW for Kwallet for example when Choqok starts.
>
> I've added:
> -auth       optional    pam_kwallet.so
> -session    optional    pam_kwallet.so
>
> To my /etc/pam.d/sddm file just after the similar pam-gnome entries..
>
> So I thought I would test with KDM and still cannot get it to automatically
> start Kwallet.
>
> Any suggestions most welcome on getting it working with KDM

Just a quick update on this after a weekend of testing.. it seems as soon as I
install pam-kwallet, Kwallet crashes during login process but it does restart
again and I am prompted for my password for the wallet.
I am struggling to get some decent debug info but this is in my .xsession-
errors file but its not much use.

#
unnamed app(1618): Communication problem with  "kwalletmanager" , it probably
crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject" : " "No such
object path '/MainApplication'" "
#

This is testing with KDM for the time being.

F20 - kde-4.13.0

Colin
--
Fedora 20 - (Heisenbug)