apper - yum - dnf a connection?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Nov 10 13:19:05 UTC 2014

Running F20/KDE.  When the apper notification appears in the task bar I will often run yum from a terminal session to install the updates instead of clicking on the "install" button.  Shortly after yum is complete the apper notification goes away.

Today, instead of running yum I ran dnf.  The apper notification did not clear afterwards after waiting a few minutes.  Unfortunately at the time I did not think to wait longer, or time it, and I clicked on "check for updates" and after a short time the apper notification cleared.

So my question is....  Is there some notification process going on between yum and apper that isn't implemented between dnf and apper?  Or am I just a victim of an over active imagination?