kde-plasma-nm problem

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 08:43:36 UTC 2014

On Monday 24 of November 2014 19:29 Neal Becker wrote:
> For the last few weeks, I've had an annoying intermittent problem with kde-
> plasma-nm.  I'm connected to wired enet at work on my laptop.  I go home and
> now connected to wifi, after sleep/resume.  But plasma-nm keeps showing a
> spinning around graphic, and says it's connecting to the wired enet (which
> is not plugged in).  I wouldn't care, but it's causing kde plasma-desktop
> to eat about 30% cpu.
>
> I can stop it by clicking on plasma-nm and choosing 'disconnect' from the
> wired enet.

It looks that NetworkManager is trying to activate your connection from some
reason. Could you please check if you have installed NetworkManager-config-
server? If so, remove it, because with this configuration NM ignores carrier.
Another option is to disable autoconnect for your ethernet connection.

Cheers,
Jan
--
Jan Grulich