criterion update: add "switch user" to Shutdown, reboot, logout

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 3 03:48:07 UTC 2015

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Testing it is fine of course, but I don't really think we should block
> on this. Also worth considering: user switching has never worked 100%
> reliably, so increased qa focus may just uncover old heisenbugs, and
> turn them into blocking issues.

Maybe for GNOME it hasn't. For KDE, using KDM or SDDM, user switching has
always just worked. Nowadays, it should just work with GDM too, but of
course it can be subject to bugs and undocumented behavior changes in GDM
(which wouldn't be a first).

IMHO, adding user switching to the blocker criteria is a good idea. Bugs in
user switching can easily lead to data loss, either directly (e.g., if user
switching crashes the machine) or indirectly (e.g., if, due to user
switching not working, somebody just logs the other account off without
caring about running processes, or even hits the power or reset button if
the session is locked).

        Kevin Kofler