Applications in a dual monitor situation

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 3 03:54:02 UTC 2015

George R Goffe wrote:
> Thanks for your response on this problem but your suggestion didn't work.
>
> I'm in screen 2 and type in "xv". The gui appears in screen #1. Input
> focus is there too. Changing input focus did not affect where the gui
> appeared, in #1 but the input focus behavior changed.
>
> Something broken or am I misunderstanding something?

I don't think "Active screen follows mouse" is actually what you want. You'd
want something like "Active screen follows parent process", which I don't
think is implemented (and is probably very hard to implement properly, one
would need to match the process hierarchy to the owned X11 windows somehow).

        Kevin Kofler