kate crashes

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Oct 3 11:04:30 UTC 2015

Am 03.10.2015 um 12:51 schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 03.10.2015 um 12:48 schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> On 10/03/2015 06:44 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> fine, than it happens randomly and hits me only when i am pissed that
>>> 50 open documents are closed just by close one of them
>>
>> Are you saying you need to have that many open files or has your
>> frustration resulted in exaggeration/sarcasm?
>
> well, i am using my computer for serious work, having open 150 eml files
> for review and remove bayes-poisioning is a regular task each day

the same for move 50, 100, 200 files from a sftp-folder (honeypot
server) with Konqueror to a local folder, drag them to thunderbird and
move reviewed samples back via sftp to the training folder

*each time* you move a larger amount of files (even if they are only
have a few bytes) the windows bar /control bar freezes and the only
workaround is ALT+TAB to wait until the freeze is over and the current
application loe it's focus because the click in the window bar from a
minute ago suceeds now

the same for teh idiotic behavior "show desktop" completly get reverted
when you put a specific application in the focus or even try to rename a
file in a folder-view - no idea how the developers imagine you attach a
file froma folder-view widegt to a mail when "show desktop" and bring
the compose window to focus is impossible

no idea why the folder-view widget *again* lacks the Konqueror
context-menus (that was fixed after many months in KDE4 years ago)