Plan for F22 KDE updates after F23 release?

P. Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:25:23 UTC 2015

Reindl Harald wrote:

> a clean install?
> are we now on windows?

It's how I like to do it [tips fedora]

I have never had problems with clean installs and I
have formatted my drive so that there is always one
spare partition available to use as root (ok, two,
since I like to keep the previous Fedora, just in case
something ever goes wrong).

There is less configuration and fiddling with a clean
install than with an upgrade, in my opinion, while,
reading these lists, I see again and again mention of
problems others have had with conflicts, unresolved
dependencies, lingering outdated configs and whatnot.

As soon as a problem arises, the first advice one
receives will be to back up the home directory and
start with a clean one. So, what is to be gained with
an upgrade over a clean install? Time? Negligible, I
think, and what gain there might be will be spent many
times over comparing old and new configuration files.