Plasma - any hope for my laptop?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Tue Oct 6 13:52:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Does it make any difference to you than a large majority of the issues
> weren't actually kde ones, but bugs in other components of the graphics
> stack?

Well, first of all my issue still exists...so until it's resolved it is
debatable what the issue is...

Second, reports of these issues keep coming in, so they aren't resolved.

Third, my observation is that these issues only are encountered with
Plasma5.  As I mentioned earlier, I don't have issues with GNOME or LXQt
with KWin.

So regardless of the cause, it is a Plasma5 issue if it is only occurring
with Plasma5 - and if I were on the Plasma5 team I would be aggressively
working with whomever to ensure these issues were resolved.  If its a
matter of hardware acceleration, the end user should have an easy method to
turn it off.  If there exist such incompatibility it shouldn't have been
mainstreamed.  All this has done is given Plasma5 a bad name.