blog post on Plasma 5 quality

P. Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 04:46:10 UTC 2015

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I liked the icons that came up to show me the
various
> steps as they were completed.

I always thought they were so ugly—holdovers from
KDE2, likely. I am so glad they finally got rid of
them. I tried for years to get rid of them and the
best I could come up with was to settle for the plain
background with the horizontal bar. And, guess what!
The horizontal bar is what we now have in KDE5! :-)
Progress LOL! This horizontal bar actually tells you
something, since it has steps and they are all
completed, or else something didn't load. I remember
Windows XP, I think, that had the most infuriating
horizontal bar in existence: it just kept on moving
from left to right and back again to start anew, so
you never knew where you were or if anything was
happening LOL!!