Stepping down from KDE SIG

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Oct 30 13:32:26 UTC 2015

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> in recent times, I have been increasingly unable and unwilling to
> adequately (co)maintain the huge set of packages known as the KDE Software
> Compilation (i.e., the union of the KDE Plasma Workspaces, KDE Frameworks
> and KDE Applications release sets), which I will refer to as "KDE SC" in
> this mail.

Dear Kevin,

I was very sorry to read of your resignation.
You are one of a handful of people who I have found endlessly helpful
with my semi-ignorant queries, and those of others like me.

I have often wondered how you managed to find time to deal with
the vast array of KDE applications you seemed to make your own.

In my view, KDE has become seriously over-complicated,
partly because of the dogma that everything under the sun
must have a KDE version.

I also share your view that Fedora should treat KDE and Gnome
on an equal footing, and let Fedora users decide which they prefer.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net