Stepping down from KDE SIG

Mark Haney mark.haney at vifprogram.com
Fri Oct 30 14:28:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 October 2015 at 13:40, Mark Haney <mark.haney at vifprogram.com> wrote:
>

> No no no, you've just failed to understand the genius of their design,
> which is proof itself that you don't know what you're talking about.
>
> ;) just in case it's needed...

No, I caught the sarcasm from the beginning.  And it's almost like you
wrote their Mission Statement for them.

> (Though FWIW I don't have much problem with mixing best of breed apps
> if it means picking up a few dependencies, software is only a small
> fraction of the total data I keep. This thing desktops environments
> develop where they want to proliferate into an exclusive 'ecosystem'
> isn't much in the interests of users. I happily used K3B for years
> under Gnome before I switched to KDE.)

You're right, it's not a huge amount of data for the dependencies.  I just
have this thing about Gnome apps in general.  They never seem quite as good
as the KDE versions.  Though, the maintainers attitude also makes a big
difference to me. I don't use apps from people who act like that.  (If that
makes sense.)

--

Mark Haney ::: Senior Systems Engineer
*VIF* International Education