Kernel bug triage

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Apr 26 19:58:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:04:57 +0200
Anton Arapov <anton at redhat.com> wrote:

>   btw ... kernel.org bugzilla just have the subsystems as independent
> components in Bugzilla. I do think, it's not a problem to do the same
> at bugzilla.redhat.com.
>   It would be a clear benefit for the triagers, they will just move
> bugs to the proper component and owners-mail-list of the component,
> so that group of people, in charge for the subsystem will be
> automatically notified.

Yeah, I agree, but currently it's not very easy to do that...

>   does it make sense? I will speak to rh-bugzilla crew.

Well, the Fedora product in bugzilla.redhat.com is populated from
fedora's pkgdb, so there is not currently a way to get it to divide a
single package to a bunch of components.

I'm adding Toshio here to comment (or not as he sees fit) about the
pkgdb side of things.

> //  and we need to think of the subsystems, we want to have. It's
> // better to have them generalized and not too much.

yes, the division there needs to be pondered on.

As a first cut, I would say split out anything where there is a
person/team that is willing to work on that area, then see whats left.

kevin