kernel dist-git

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Jul 29 16:35:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 01:48:49AM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:

 > The next person to rebase will get to rewrite rebase.sh to work in the
 > new world order.  When you do that, make it fiddle baserelease back to 1
 > while you're at it.  That and rpmdev-bumpspec will probably make for all
 > the release-number-setting magic we should really care to think we need.

it's currently busted anyway, since kernel.org changed their output again.
If rc7 come out right now, the finger banner would show it as
'the latest mainline', but it would also show rc6-gitwhatever as 'latest snapshot'.

why did they make it do this ? hell knows. I looked at fixing it, but just
made it worse, so gave up on it for now. I've been rebasing by hand since.

I wonder if ketchup has already solved this. We could just use that to get
the version number.

	Dave