NX emulation

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Thu May 27 23:07:39 UTC 2010

> Right, yes.  To that end, would you recommend a specific mailing list
> other than lkml to start on for just the x86 folks, or is lkml really the
> best bet for that?

Just the usual rules as per MAINTAINERS:

To:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix.de>
	Ingo Molnar <mingo at redhat.com>
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
CC:	x86 at kernel.org, lkml
CC:	roland at redhat.com, kmcmartin at redhat.com

> Yeah, I'm all for that; I just think upstreaming this is going to take
> longer than either of our next release cycles.  :)

Yeah, well, it's taken us several cycles to get around to bothering to try.
At any rate, IMHO a series/branch of patches proposed upstream is the thing
we'll want to share.  Even if it's not all (or any) merged upstream soon
(or ever), that process will yield cleaned-up and granular patches that are
better to maintain (and to share across distros) as well as being better to
merge if the NAKers relent.

Thanks,
Roland