upstream exec-shield git tree

Ingo Molnar mingo at elte.hu
Wed Nov 10 07:57:12 UTC 2010

* Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 05:34:09PM -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
>
>  > > I'd also like you and Dave to agree on something.  I don't really care what.
>  >
>  > Dave, what do you think about it?
>
> To be honest, I share Rolands apathy about the whole thing. I've not had a
> response about this stuff from Ingo about it, so I've pretty much just given up on
> it. [...]

Well, Linus & co NAK-ed the 'ia32emu' bits years ago rather forcefully, so you guys
need to raise it with him and Andrew - those patches touch the MM.

Might be worth an attempt on lkml - but chances are high that you'll get a 'bleh'
again. Those vma tracking bits are not nice, they are a linear list walk in some
cases.

Thanks,

	Ingo