Fan+heat troubles on MacBook Pro

christoffer.buchholz at gmail.com christoffer.buchholz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:18:58 UTC 2010

Thank you for your quick reply!
To answer you questions...

1) uname -a reads "Linux gomet 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.x86_64" - I have also tried
with the kernel from the bleeding edge fedora 15 repo, but that didnt change
much if anything at all.

2) According to apple documentation, my processor is a "2.53GHz Intel Core 2
Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor
speed" and has a "1066MHz frontside bus" <- I guess that is the rated clock
frequency.

3) 'cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor' reads
"ondemand"

4) 'cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq' reads
"798000" and it does that even when i shut down all apps running, so it
seems its actually not so ondemand

5) I'm not very technical, so but here's some of the stuff, which I guess is
the important part, from powertop. It doesnt really change more than a few
numbers up and down, so it should be good: http://fpaste.org/7G9b/

6) The output from /proc/interrupts doesnt seem to change that much. You can
see the output from '/proc/interrupts; sleep 0.5s; cat /proc/interrupts'
here http://fpaste.org/QXVO/

I hope this makes things clearer for you.