FYI: RIP: 0010:[<ffffffff8122f04f>] [<ffffffff8122f04f>] cfq_free_io_context+0x18/0x34

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 13:18:51 UTC 2010

2010/9/24 Kyle McMartin <kyle at mcmartin.ca>:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 02:50:35PM +0200, Micha? Piotrowski wrote:
>> > I looked at that on Monday, but haven't found it yet.
>>
>> So it is a known problem. Good to know.
>>

> Aside from you reporting it, no, I haven't seen anything aside from some
> mails from Alexey in 2008.

I think that bug appeared when copying data from one directory to
another -> /home/samba4 -> /home/samba5. Both dirs are on different
discs and mounted with eCryptFS. The first drive worked flawlessly for
almost a year. I added second disc a few days ago as a backup drive.
I'll check the connections. Maybe it's a hardware fault? I checked the
disk with badblocks and smartctl before using it - there were no
problems. I do not see anything in the dmesg which would indicate that
there are problems with the hardware.

I'll check the hardware and try to reproduce the error.

> --Kyle

Regards,
Michal