Tracking Rawhide's (released) kernel rpms through kernel.git

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Wed Feb 23 09:46:02 UTC 2011

Is it possible to track the (released) kernel rpms for Rawhide through
kernel.git (git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/kernel.git ) and build the
(released) kernel rpms locally?

The background is that I'd like to maintain a (small) set of patches on
top of those releases and build my ".local" rpms from that repository.
Currently I download (every now and then) the kernel SRPM with
"yumdownloader --source", edit its specfile, rebuild it, etc., all by
hand. That is often more work than I'd like it to be and error prone
too.

(Of course this is not Rawhide specific. One might want to do that for
non-Rawhide releases too.)

Paul Bolle