Tracking Rawhide's (released) kernel rpms through kernel.git

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Thu Feb 24 20:53:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 10:41 -0500, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_non-debugging_kernel
>
> Basically follow these directions, but throw your own patches.

The fedpkg stuff seemed overkill for my needs. This is what I did:
- hacked at pyfedpkg until it just did enough to download the files in
  the sources file;
- built an RPM with a command like this:
  rpmbuild --define '_specdir !#:+' $PWD --define '_sourcedir !#:+' $PWD
  [...] kernel.spec

> recommend patching your stuff in at the beginning of the list of
> patches, since they change less.

For my particular workflow it would be nice to have two sections
reserved for local patches, wrapped in, say, "%if %{local-patches}", to
store the references to the patch files and their ApplyPatch entries.
All that so I could build my local kernel flavor with "rpmbuild --with
local-patches [...]".

And yes, I'd like a pony too.

> YMMV, No warranty, guarantee void in Tennessee, etc. Don't complain to
> us about bugs.

You do realize we were talking about Fedora Rawhide, don't you?

Thanks!

Paul Bolle