2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:37:42 UTC 2011

> Anyway, patches welcome, if you think it is worth fixing.

I'll gladly provide you with one - as soon as I get my other big
problems with the .34 to .35 migration sorted (I am not all than keen on
entering the values or merging them manually as you can imagine) I'll
enclose a patch in this list for review, no problem!

>> Would it work if I delete ALL .config files and leave the one I
>> quoted above? If all .configs just 'stack-up', then by deleting
>> everything else but what I actually configured should, in theory, do
>> the trick, right?
>>

> Never tried it, but your theory makes sense to me.  Try it and see what
> happens.
>

>> So, if I use my customised .config file from the .34 version and
>> call it config-x86_64-generic would that do the trick? Would I be
>> able to get all the options merged in the final
>> configs/kernel-2.6.35.xx-xx.config file do you think?
>>

> That could work too, I believe (again never tried).

OK, time for some more experimenting to do tomorrow then! Will let you
know how it goes. Thanks for your input Don, much appreciated!