2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:23:15 UTC 2011

On 01/06/2011 04:03 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> I added the loop as you suggest (without the if conditional)
>> just after the if rhel conditional's endif
>>
>> I also added it after the loop within the debuginfo  block.
>>
>> It is building now. Will let you know.
> I've also done the above, but what am I supposed to do with it?! Do I
> just run make oldconfig (I did this, but got the same old problem - NO
> DRM_NOVEAU groups again!) and then execute rpmbuild or what?
>
> I copied my .34 config as config-local in the linux-2.6.35.x86_64
> directory, then copied it again as .config (so that the oldconfig
> target could prompt me for the missing parameters) and finally ran
> make oldconfig, answered the questions, then looked at the
> re-generated .config - same old story: missing parameters as before.
> Am I missing something?

What I did, is described below.
However, it did not work. rpmbuild exited with error.
The output file  kernel.build,out is attached.

After you do make oldconfig, do these steps:

cp .config  ......./SOURCES/config-local

cd ...../SPECS
Now edit kernel.spec

after code block:

%if 0%{?rhel}
   for i in %{all_arch_configs}
   do
     mv $i $i.tmp
     ./merge.pl config-rhel-generic $i.tmp > $i
     rm $i.tmp
   done
%endif

append this loop:

   for i in %{all_arch_configs}
   do
     mv $i $i.tmp
     ./merge.pl config-local $i.tmp > $i
     rm $i.tmp
   done

And if you want the debuginfo kernel to also have your local configs, then
after the following block:
# now run oldconfig over all the config files
for i in *.config
do
   mv $i .config
   Arch=`head -1 .config | cut -b 3-`
   make ARCH=$Arch %{oldconfig_target} > /dev/null
   echo "# $Arch" > configs/$i
   cat .config >> configs/$i
done

append the same loop:
   for i in %{all_arch_configs}
   do
     mv $i $i.tmp
     ./merge.pl config-local $i.tmp > $i
     rm $i.tmp
   done

Notice, I did not resort to defining the  variable
Source1000, as I thought it superfluous, since
I   (we) know what our local config filename is
and thus no need to create a macro for it.