2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 05:21:28 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 02:45 PM, JD wrote:
> On 01/07/2011 11:15 AM, Don Zickus wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 01:36:59PM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>> I just implemented exactly what I described here locally, and it worked
>>> perfectly. The config-local file needs to be a Source: file so that it
>>> actually gets included in the source rpm, and I'm not sure why you're
>>> doing anything touching debuginfo bits...
>>>
>>> My test case was to simply add CONFIG_VIDEO_VIA_CAMERA=y to my
>>> config-local, as I know its disabled in the stock config, because it
>>> doesn't build (due to a dependency on updated viafb bits in 2.6.37). I
>>> created a source rpm with that modified config-local, then did an
>>> rpmbuild, and it failed on drivers/media/video/via-camera.c exactly
>>> like
>>> I'd expected it to. So I suspect you've either done something wrong
>>> with
>>> your implementation or you execution. :)
>> Jarod,
>>
>> Patch please, just don't make sure everyone is on the same page.
>>
>> JD,
>>
>> Can you provide your .config that you want to use to make sure we aren't
>> missing something obvious?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Don

Hi Don,
Using the config file I already sent, I ran
make all

The make dies with error:
.
.
.
OBJCOPY arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-sysenter.so
AS arch/x86/vdso/vdso32.o
CC arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.o
VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-int80-syms.lds
VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-sysenter-syms.lds
VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-syms.lds
LD arch/x86/vdso/built-in.o
LD arch/x86/built-in.o
CC kernel/sched.o
kernel/sched.c: In function ‘init_idle’:
kernel/sched.c:5397: error: implicit declaration of function
‘double_rq_lock’
kernel/sched.c:5422: error: implicit declaration of function
‘double_rq_unlock’
make[1]: *** [kernel/sched.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2