2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:09:13 UTC 2011

>>> My test case was to simply add CONFIG_VIDEO_VIA_CAMERA=y to my
>>> config-local, as I know its disabled in the stock config, because it
>>> doesn't build (due to a dependency on updated viafb bits in 2.6.37). I
>>> created a source rpm with that modified config-local, then did an
>>> rpmbuild, and it failed on drivers/media/video/via-camera.c exactly like
>>> I'd expected it to. So I suspect you've either done something wrong with
>>> your implementation or you execution. :)
>>>
>> Yet another kernel build error:
>>
>> drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-vbi.c:49: error: implicit
>> declaration of function 'in_interrupt'
>> make[4]: *** [drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-vbi.o] Error 1
>> make[3]: *** [drivers/media/video/em28xx] Error 2
>> make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> make[2]: *** [drivers/media/video] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** [drivers/media] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> make: *** [drivers] Error 2
>> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> + exit 1
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Di6kj9 (%build)
>>
> The driver you have enabled has the following dependencies:
>
> VIAFB camera controller support (VIDEO_VIA_CAMERA)
>
> CONFIG_VIDEO_VIA_CAMERA:

Maybe so, but we already know that VIA_CAMERA won't compile (see my
first post on this thread), so we are back to square one on this.

I may as well forget that kernel .35 exists - if nobody from Fedora
seems bothered about the problems raised by (mainly) me and you or
expect us to fix it for them then they are solely mistaken!