2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:38:32 UTC 2011

> Oh, I suck, I searched for DRM_NOVEAU instead of DRM_NOUVEAU.

I did exactly the same as you as my French is really crap!

> Jarod figured it out.  For some reason CONFIG_STAGING needs to be set to
> 'y' for DRM_NOUVEU to be enabled for some reason.

How did it work in my .34 version without CONFIG_STAGING being set then?
Do I really need to scan through all Kconfig files in order to see what
has/hasn't changed and then figure out what needs to be changed/added to
the config-local file then?

The patch should be transferring my options - it doesn't, end of!

CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU is a case in point - at least I should have been
warned what's coming! It is not just these options that haven't been
transferred - run diff on the two files I attached and see how many
other options have not been transferred over.

If I am supposed to check every Kconfig file in order to see what will
be applied and what not, then I am better off ditching the bl**dy patch
and entering everything manually - why bother otherwise?!