f15 2.6.39 rebase

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Jul 1 18:10:07 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 10:56 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 15:49:49 -0400,
>   Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
>>
>>    For what its worth - so far - running 3.0 on F15 I did need procps &
>> mdadm updated - otherwise I've not seen too many issues that I know about.
>>
>>    What else do you think might be breaking / broken / grumpy ?
>
> I have 2 different i686 (one athlon based, the other xeon based) that lock
> up during boots with 3.0 kernels. 2.6.39 works fine.

  could it be graphics driver related? My sandy bridge i915 works better
and better with each new 3.0 kernel ... plymouth is broken for me under
stock F15 ... which 2.6.39 are you using anyway?

  I was really asking Dave what other user space packages may get grumpy
with the new naming convention for 3.0 and may need updating from
rawhide other than mdadm and procps.