Kernel-3.1 Crash

Don Zickus dzickus at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 13:16:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:50:17PM +0200, Antonio Trande wrote:
> Hello.
>
> After to have installed the lastest kernel (3.1-0-1) on my Fedora 16
> x86_64bit, i get a kernel crash during boot.
> Now the main problem is how to recover 'boot log' or 'messages log' in order
> to ask help because it isnt created.

Can you take a digital picture?  Attaching that here will work (don't make
the size very large).  Or if your machine has a serial console, you can
hook it up to another machine and run minicom to collect the output (after
configuring the serial console on the grub command line, I need to dig up
a documentation link to assist).

Cheers,
Don