CONFIG_USB_UAS

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 11:30:29 UTC 2012

  Hi,

> That's because the rawhide kernel you have installed is a 'release'
> kernel.  The kernel before that (3.5.0-0.rc0.git12 or something) is a
> debug kernel and will have UAS enabled.  The next git snapshot of
> 3.5.0-rc1 will also have it enabled.

Well, next is kernel-3.5.0-0.rc2.git0.1.fc18 which has UAS disabled too.
 /me goes fetch 3.5.0-0.rc0.git12 now ...

> We build one non-debug kernel in rawhide per RC release.  You just
> happened to hit it.

That scheme sucks big time.  Why flip config options like that?

We have kernel-debug, why not enable options like UAS which are too
buggy for the default kernel there?  Permanently?

cheers,
  Gerd