Fedora Kernel Meeting Minutes Jun 22, 2012

Josh Boyer jwboyer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 18:49:30 UTC 2012

(Note, slightly edited due to lack of #info use during the meeting)

==============================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora Kernel
==============================

Meeting started by jwb at 18:03:03 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-06-22/fedora-kernel.2012-06-22-18.03.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init  (jwb, 18:03:31)

* F15  (jwb, 18:04:25)
  * 2.6.43.8 (3.3.8) final kernel update pushed before EOL

* F16/F17  (jwb, 18:06:07)
  * Currently at 3.4.3.  A few issues in the 3.4 kernel being worked through

* Rawhide  (jwb, 18:15:15)
  * 3.5-rc3
  * Need more rawhide kernel testing.  Should work fine with F16/F17 userspace

* Kernel QA  (jwb, 18:26:09)
  * kernel test repo can be found at
    git.fedorahosted.org/git/kernel-tests.git .  contributions welcome
    (jwb, 18:28:28)

* Kernel updates and bodhi  (jwb, 18:29:24)
  * Plan to disable auto promotion/pushing to allow more flexibility between
    release updates
  * Strongly prefer negative karma points be linked to a reported bug
  * Negative karma for a bug we didn't say we fixed in a particular update
    is not particularly helpful.  It holds up fixes for others.

* Open Floor  (jwb, 18:37:55)

Meeting ended at 18:41:09 UTC.

Action Items
------------