mount --move

Norman Gaywood ngaywood at une.edu.au
Thu May 17 23:51:31 UTC 2012

I'm pretty sure that in 3.3.2-6.fc16.x86_64 this sequence worked:

  mkdir -p /tmp/testing
  cd /tmp/testing/
  mkdir -p foo bar
  mount -t tmpfs tmpfs foo/
  mount --move foo bar/

With 3.3.5-2.fc16.x86_64 the last step gives:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /tmp/testing/foo,
       dmesg | tail  or so

Didn't test any kernels between those two.

Is this a bug or feature? Didn't see anything is syslog.

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale,

ngaywood at une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.