pesign

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:35:25 UTC 2012

I seem to remember in one of the early 3.6-RC kernel versions there were provisions put in the .spec file to sign all kernel code and its modules using the above facility. I can't find this in the 3.6.1 or 3.6.2 versions of the kernel currently in the Fedora srpm files. Has this been dropped?

On a related issue - if, for some reason, I am unable to deploy UEFI (disabled, so that Windows 8 won't prevent me from installing/using/booting up Linux) can I still sign the kernel and its modules and enforce these checks at startup with the bootloader (grub2)? Would that be possible? Thanks!