Kernel testing on GA Releases.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 12:36:26 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 12:29 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:07:06AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but a lot of reporters
>> test and run development and more recent kernels then those that are
>> available via the usual GA update mechanism and recent changes [1]
>> which introduce hard dependency on dracut and systemd versions on
>> kernel installs are preventing the ability for reporters to either
>> a) enable fedora-rawhide-kernel-nodebug.repo or b) manually install
> Can you elaborate on "reporters"?  As in media reporters?  If so, I'm
> pretty sure we don't want them running rawhide nodebug kernels on older
> releases.

We in QA community usually call the individuals that test and file bug
reports "reporters" but since you guys are trying to handle your own QA
coverage you might call them something else and based on your response
you seem to be not interesting in have people test kernel on GA release
ahead of time or are planning to handle that differently in your own
process otherwise this being broken would have mattered the kernel
community.

JBG