Backport of gssproxy patches for Fedora 19

J. Bruce Fields bfields at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 20:54:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 03:00:46PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Hello kernel list,
> as mentioned on the Frenoode IRC channel I would like to ask to have
> some backported (from 3.10) patches to be included in the Fedora 19
> kernel.
>
> These patches are needed to fully complete the server side part of
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/gss-proxy
>
> I am sorry coming late, but this work has been underway for very long
> (patches originally against 3.9.0) and I did not realize it wasn't going
> to end up in Fedora 19 kernel without proactive action until now.
>
> The patches are quite self-contained and tested.
>
> Bruce has kindly agree to backport them to 3.9.x (and we do not expect
> major difficulties there) and Jeff has agreed to review the backport.
>

> The list of upstream patches is the following:
> 030d794bf498 SUNRPC: Use gssproxy upcall for server RPCGSS
> authentication.
> 1d658336b05f SUNRPC: Add RPC based upcall mechanism for RPCGSS auth
> 400f26b542e8 SUNRPC: conditionally return endtime from
> import_sec_context
> 33d90ac0581c SUNRPC: allow disabling idle timeout
> 7073ea8799a8 SUNRPC: attempt AF_LOCAL connect on setup
> d28fcc830c2e svcrpc: fix gss-proxy to respect user namespaces
> 6278b62aa8f9 SUNRPC: gssp_procedures[] can be static
> 9fd40c5a66be SUNRPC: Refactor gssx_dec_option_array() to kill
> uninitialized warning
> fb43f11c666a SUNRPC: fix decoding of optional gss-proxy xdr fields
> 625cdd78d119 svcauth_gss: fix error code in use_gss_proxy()

I have a backport to 3.9.3 (which turned out to need a couple more
patches in addition to the above) at

	git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux-topics.git

How do you want these?

--b.

Dan Carpenter (1):
      svcauth_gss: fix error code in use_gss_proxy()

Fengguang Wu (1):
      SUNRPC: gssp_procedures[] can be static

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
      SUNRPC: Refactor gssx_dec_option_array() to kill uninitialized warning

J. Bruce Fields (6):
      SUNRPC: attempt AF_LOCAL connect on setup
      SUNRPC: allow disabling idle timeout
      SUNRPC: define {create,destroy}_use_gss_proxy_proc_entry in !PROC case
      svcrpc: fix gss-proxy to respect user namespaces
      SUNRPC: fix decoding of optional gss-proxy xdr fields
      svcrpc: implement O_NONBLOCK behavior for use-gss-proxy

Simo Sorce (3):
      SUNRPC: conditionally return endtime from import_sec_context
      SUNRPC: Add RPC based upcall mechanism for RPCGSS auth
      SUNRPC: Use gssproxy upcall for server RPCGSS authentication.

Trond Myklebust (1):
      SUNRPC: Allow rpc_create() to request that TCP slots be unlimited