Testing F2FS_FS feature to fedora.

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:27:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm wondering is the F2FS_FS feature can be enabled on the Fedora kernel.

I've made an attempt to make a scratch build with this feature enabled, and
I mean to test in on F-18 x86_64. The ultimate goal would be to use it as
the default rootfs for my AC100 using emmc (/boot can be on ext4 as a step).

Here is the scratch build for the kernel
for the f2fs-tools 1.1 on f18:

Basically, it's a matter to add this: to config-generic
----
CONFIG_F2FS_FS=m
CONFIG_F2FS_STAT_FS=y
CONFIG_F2FS_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_F2FS_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
----
CONFIG_F2FS_STAT_FS is probably for DEBUG and might be disabled for usage.

The f2fs-utils package is already available in the repository.

Also added is the CONFIG_X86_X32=y option from an unrelated test.

Nicolas (kwizart)