[fedora-arm] CONFIG_PM_WAKELOCKS

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 20 22:49:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM, John Brier <jbrier at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm on 3.6.10-8.fc18.armv7hl.highbank, though I see the same
> configuration on 3.9.2-200.fc18.armv7hl
>
> I can't suspend using rtcwake and it seems it's because this kernel
> config option is disabled
>
> # rtcwake -m $state -t `date -u -d "+ $SLEEP_TIME minutes" '+%s'`
> rtcwake: cannot open /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/device/power/wakeup: No such
> file or directory
> rtcwake: /dev/rtc0 not enabled for wakeup events
>
> Do I understand it correctly and if so can it be enabled?

It's not enable on the mainline Fedora kernel and for non ARM specific
feature we inherit from the config-generic to ensure a consistent as
possible experience across the various architectures as is possible.

I've added the kernel mailing list into this reply as they should be
able to shed more light onto why it's not enabled and whether the
above is correct.

Peter