Backport of gssproxy patches for Fedora 19

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri May 31 19:00:46 UTC 2013

Hello kernel list,
as mentioned on the Frenoode IRC channel I would like to ask to have
some backported (from 3.10) patches to be included in the Fedora 19
kernel.

These patches are needed to fully complete the server side part of
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/gss-proxy

I am sorry coming late, but this work has been underway for very long
(patches originally against 3.9.0) and I did not realize it wasn't going
to end up in Fedora 19 kernel without proactive action until now.

The patches are quite self-contained and tested.

Bruce has kindly agree to backport them to 3.9.x (and we do not expect
major difficulties there) and Jeff has agreed to review the backport.

The list of upstream patches is the following:
030d794bf498 SUNRPC: Use gssproxy upcall for server RPCGSS
authentication.
1d658336b05f SUNRPC: Add RPC based upcall mechanism for RPCGSS auth
400f26b542e8 SUNRPC: conditionally return endtime from
import_sec_context
33d90ac0581c SUNRPC: allow disabling idle timeout
7073ea8799a8 SUNRPC: attempt AF_LOCAL connect on setup
d28fcc830c2e svcrpc: fix gss-proxy to respect user namespaces
6278b62aa8f9 SUNRPC: gssp_procedures[] can be static
9fd40c5a66be SUNRPC: Refactor gssx_dec_option_array() to kill
uninitialized warning
fb43f11c666a SUNRPC: fix decoding of optional gss-proxy xdr fields
625cdd78d119 svcauth_gss: fix error code in use_gss_proxy()

Please let me know if more information is needed, and what is the
deadline, should you accept the proposal to have this included.

Please keep me in CC as I am not subscribed to the list.

Regards,
Simo Sorce

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York