[kernel] enable crash on other architectures

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 6 00:06:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Kyle McMartin <kyle at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 06:58:10PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Kyle McMartin <kyle at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> > commit 0a346ea31151e4f114eb0cdb3aa25a55f300bae5
>> > Author: Kyle McMartin <kyle at fedoraproject.org>
>> > Date:   Tue Nov 5 16:51:00 2013 -0500
>> >
>> >     enable crash on other architectures
>>
>> Er, why?  We've debated several times just dropping crash entirely.
>>

> So that the userland package we build there is useful?

OK.  Did it get tested?

> If you want to drop it, drop it then.
>
>> Also, please post for review first.
>>

> As soon as you guys start? Given I was explicitly given commit access,
> and I'm not just running rampant with global commit permission or
> something, I am just fixing what I see needing to be fixed.

We have started.  Any patch that doesn't have a bug attached to it and
isn't a rebase or config change has been posted here first for the
past few cases.  If I've missed some, I'm as guilty as the next guy.
It's not about running rampant with commit permission.  It's about
knowing where stuff is coming from and why.

josh