Product lifecycles and kernel impacts

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 21 17:49:27 UTC 2013

Am 21.11.2013 18:23, schrieb Lance Lassetter:
> If Fedora takes this route then why not cut out all server software altogether and just make it a desktop OS

because people including me loving to have the same OS on their servers as on
their desktop machine to have F-1 in production and a few weeks after release
the recent version to find out rough edges, report bugs and find workarounds
as needed to get the next polished version  in production

this may not be the majority but i prove since 2009 and F9 on around 20 servers
that it is possible to do so without re-installing and with "cut out all server
software" you would rent Fedora unuseable at all because it would no longer
be a useful distribution for development