I need some help tracking down an old bug

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Oct 15 19:21:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:37:43 -0500,
   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>gcc. The kernel headers package is different, but I wouldn't expect a
>kernel build to use the installed version of kernel headers. (I want
>to check for differences there just in case, but haven't gotten to
>it.) e2fsprogs-libs also changed versions, but it seems like a long

Here is the difference in kernel headers from the two builds:
diff -r usr/include/linux/dvb/audio.h usr.68/include/linux/dvb/audio.h
79c79
< typedef uint16_t audio_attributes_t;
---
> typedef __u16 audio_attributes_t;

There is effectively a lag of one kernel release, so the change occured
between the -54 and -68 kernels, but the change in build happened between
the -68 and -69 kernels.

This change looks like something that could possible account for changes
in how audio works, so I am testing a valine 2.6.29 with the -54 version
of kernel headers to see if that untriggers the bug I am seeing. I won't
know until tonight.