Kernel tests

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:53:42 UTC 2014

So I have to admit that I saw that Fedora badges were now being
awarded for kernel testing, so I went ahead and submitted my results.
In the process, I made a few observations (both on the process and on
the tests themselves):

First from the process standpoint, has it been thought about to make
the process easier for testers than going to a webpage and uploading
results manually? Could we make it even easier by somehow asking for a
FAS identity and then uploading it?

As for the test content itself, the test header has no information as
to what hardware it is running on, which for performance tests
matters, and possibly for some functionality tests as well (vendors
with buggy firmware, etc). I'm not sure what format patches are
preferred in, but there's a branch hw-info of
git://githuib.com/jds2001/kernel-tests that has this. A log header now
looks like: