Supporting Allwinner ARM SoCs in Fedora 21+ kernels

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 22:30:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 02/03/2014 11:26 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On 01/06/2014 11:03 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> <snip>
>>

>>> OK.  I expect diligence will be the key.  Maybe even testing against
>>> linux-next or something before rawhide does a major version rebase.
>>> Anyway, getting slightly ahead of ourselves.
>>

>> I will likely be maintaining this git tree:
>> https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/commits/sunxi-devel
>>
>> For a while to come, and it will always contain latest rc + sunxi
>> patches headed for next + patches not 100% ready for next yet.
>>
>> And this tree is what most other developers / advanced users
>> in the linux-sunxi community are using, that should hopefully give
>> us enough advance testing.
>>

>>> So I'll send out an email to the list when I start rebasing rawhide to
>>> 3.14 merge window.  Shortly after that, we can plan on grabbing the
>>> patches you feel are necessary and we'll work from there.
>>

>> Sounds good, thanks for your help and cooperation on this.
>
> OK, 3.14-rc1 is out now and should be in tomorrow's Rawhide.  Did the
> ARM team ever come to an official conclusion on what it wants to do
> with the AllWinner stuff?

Yes AFAIK the plan is to add the minimum set of necessary patch to get
it working decently in headless mode. My plan is to prepare a git-tree
with the necessary patches on top of 3.14-rc1 during the coming days,
and then send a mail to kernel at lists.fedoraproject.org with a link to
my personal repo for review, and if there is no negative reviews after
waiting a couple of days, push the patches into the rawhide kernels.

Regards,

Hans