2 input + 2 backlight bug-fix patches which I would like to add to the Fedora kernels

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon May 5 12:36:52 UTC 2014

Hi All,

FYI I've just added a patch with another set of acpi-video backlight quirks
to the fedora kernel pkgs. This should be non controversial since upstream
has agreed to maintain the quirk table for now, until it is certain that
switch to using video.use_native_backlight=1 as default can be safely done.

There are 4 more patches which I would like to add to the kernel to fix
various bigs, I've attached them here.

Here is the changelog from my (local) spec file modifications:

- Add a patch to fix the Synaptics Touch Pad V 103S found on some keyboard
  docks for win8 tablets
- Add a patch to fix the elantech touchpad on Gigabyte U2442 laptops
- Add a patch to fix backlight control on the Samsung NC210/NC110 (rhbz#861573)
- Add a patch to fix backlight & wifi on the Asus EEE PC 1015PX (rhbz#1067181)

The first patch has been reviewed upstream (but not yet applied).

The second and third patch should be uncontroversial and get accepted upstream.

The fourth patch may turn out to be a bit controversial when someone upstream
actually gets around to review it. But there seems to be no other way, and the
user has been applying the same fix from the kernel cmdline for months now.

All of them have a Cc: stable

Regards,

Hans